Carrefour is a fast-growing multinational retail and wholesaling corporation, operating a chain of over 12,225 hypermarkets, grocery stores, and convenience stores in more than 30 countries. As of January 2023, Carrefour is the world’s eighth-largest retailer by revenue.
During 2019, Carrefour adapted their warehouse in Le Plessis-Paté, France to serve as a central distribution hub for all of their e-commerce, ambient, and cold food related curbside and home delivery orders within the south of Île-de-France. Carrefour realized that to keep pace with the thousands of daily orders the facility would receive, with steadily increasing demand for same day delivery and order accuracy, they needed a solution that would enable them to reach the highest degree of order fulfilment performance and efficiency. Add in a multitude of varying sales peaks among more than 10,000 product references with limited floor space to expand operations, and you can see why Carrefour sought a warehouse automation partner they could trust to meet their needs.
1. Boosted Customer Satisfaction
- Preparation reliability increased to 99% for all orders
- 2-hour home delivery enabled thanks to ability to access any SKU in the system within two minutes
2. Improved Efficiencies
- Utilized entire height of warehouse to increase storage density by 4x
- System ready for quick and easy expansion with ability to add robots within minutes
3. Enhanced Performance
- Increased throughput of more than 13,000 product references by 4x
- Fulfilling up to 4,000 orders each day with consolidation of manually picked items