Powering the World’s First Carbon-Neutral Logistics Center
Ariat is quickly becoming one of the world’s leading providers of Western and English style riding boots, apparel, workwear, and accessories as it distributes its wide range of products to more than 6,500 retail locations throughout the U.S., Europe, Mexico, and Japan.
- Location: Fort Worth, TX
- Distribution: e-Commerce & B2B
- Products: Footwear, workwear, apparel, and accessories
- System integrated by AHS
Rapid sales growth and an ever-growing product catalog led Ariat to construct a one million square foot distribution center in Fort Worth, TX during the fall of 2020.
As the facility phased through manual picking to adding automation, the Skypod system was chosen due to its ability to seamlessly connect and scale with their older systems as well as meet increasing customer demands with improved order fulfillment speed and efficiency. To keep pace with growing demand, Ariat increased their number of robots from 57 to 86 during the summer of 2022, which were added to their system within a matter of minutes with no disruption to ongoing production.
|Robots||Stations||Storage Bins||Bins/hour||System Height||System Footprint|
|86||9||71,785||1,958||10.8m (35.4ft)||2,696m² (29,019sq.ft)|
1. Increased Efficiency
- Efficiently navigating seasonal peaks, fulfilling tens of thousands of SKUs on a daily basis
- Transitioned 80% of picking labor to more productive and value-added tasks
2. Plug & Play Modularity
- Installation completed on schedule in just 11 months despite pandemic area logistics challenges with no impact to on-going operations
- System expansion from 57 to 86 robots completed in a matter of minutes during 2022
3. Enhanced Customer Loyalty
- Expanded B2B offerings to include next day shipping and later order cut-off times
Related Case Studies
Exceeding Customer Expectations
Deploy and expand systems with little to no downtime