Flexible Ambient & Fresh Grocery Order Fulfillment
French e-commerce leader and pioneer of responsible e-commerce, Cdiscount is a multi-specialist that offers its customers a range of 100 million products.
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Distribution: e-Commerce
- Products: Computers, appliances, home and decoration, DIY, garden goods, games and toys, sporting goods, etc.
The primary objective for Cdiscount in 2017 was to optimize their order preparation. Shortly after they partnered with Exotec, the first Skypod system was installed in Cestas, near Bordeaux, and served as a model for an additional Skypod system in the Réau warehouse, near Paris.
In 2020, Cdiscount acquired a third Skypod system for its Cestas warehouse, which now has two Skypod systems operating independently.
These systems have allowed the e-retailer to realize the growth of its activity and increase productivity in its warehouses, to guarantee its customers the best delivery conditions.
|Robots||Stations||Storage Bins||Bins/hour||System Height||System Footprint|
|43||4||50,540||1,000||9m (29.5ft)||2,370m² (25,510sq.ft)|
1. Enhanced Performance
- Productivity multiplied by 5X, allowing Cdiscount to face increasing order volumes while guaranteeing customers the best delivery conditions.
2. Increased Efficiency
- Storage capacity increased by 5X enabling expansion from 70,000 to 400,000 references
- Mono-SKU and multi-SKU storage within bins totaling more than 80,000 compartments to boost storage density and order preparation efficiency
3. Plug & Play Modularity
- Installation completed in less than six months with minimal disruption to on-going operations
- System ready for quick and easy expansion with ability to add robots within hours as well as stations and racks within a weekend as product offerings planned to increase
Related Case Studies
Efficiently Navigate Growth & Sales Peaks
Powering the World’s First Carbon-Neutral Logistics Center